Oeufs à couver (Hatching eggs for sale/wanted)

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Re: Oeufs à couvée (Hatching eggs for sale/wanted)

Post by mojo » 24 Nov 2009, 15:23

now is the time to plan for next years breeding programme........please post here what eggs to post you think you will have early next year.....breed avaiable...price per egg ....LF or Nain(bantam)...... plus postage costs please.................p.s.I will be looking for LF laced Wyandottes and LF Dorkings
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

bacardi1970

Post by bacardi1970 » 26 Nov 2009, 19:39

Hi there,

I have the following Orpingtons in large separate grassed outdoor pens.They were wandering on a rota system around our large open field,but as i have had a problem with the birds of prey thinking they are easy lunch!! I have had to pen them in.

A Blue/Partridge Orpington Cockerel,he is running with 2 Blue Orpington hens and a Blue/Splash Orpington hen.All L/F. 2.00 euros for one egg or 10 euros for 6 eggs

Buff/Black Orpington Cockerel running with 5 Buff Orpington hens.All L/F. 1.50 euros for one egg or 7.50 euros for 6 eggs

2 Buff Orpington Cockerels running with 2 Buff/Black Orpington hens and a Buff Orpington hen.All L/F. 1.50 euros for one egg or 7.50 euros for 6 eggs

A breeding pair of Tricolore Orpingtons.Bantams. 2.50 euros for one egg or 12.50 euros for 6 eggs.

Postage and Packing is 7.25 euros for 6 eggs,which is NOT included in prices above.Postage is actual postage and cost of the polybox.
Collection is fine and probably better as i cannot guarentee fertility after going through the post!

None of the above are related and they are wormed regulary,my Gold Laced Orpington Cockerel hasnt got any women yet but i am working on it! When i have some girls for him the eggs will be the same price as the tricolores.I will be selling fertile eggs from the end of marchish and i should have some Orpington chicks available from the middle to end of May.Eggs can be sent in polyboxes.I am about 5kms from bonnat.

ORDERS NOW BEING TAKEN.No money up front.Just your name,email address and what eggs and how many you would like.I will email you at least a week before eggs are available.Many thanks.

Many thanks.

Michelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bacardi1970 on 06 Jan 2010, 08:20, edited 3 times in total.

Greggorio

Re: Oeufs à couver (Hatching eggs for sale/wanted)

Post by Greggorio » 03 Dec 2009, 16:16

I will be breeding my runner ducks next year but have no clue what to ask for postage or the eggs.

Also japanese quail

Hopefully Chinese Geese as well

limochick

Post by limochick » 13 Dec 2009, 23:21

hi
i will have wyandottes LF eggs in spring , gold laced and blue laced from show quality parents,
will advise later , any one interested please place provision orders. :santa :santa:

cock a doodle doo

Post by cock a doodle doo » 06 Jan 2010, 01:50

I'm still looking for indian game eggs if anybody has any

Francophowl

Post by Francophowl » 06 Jan 2010, 11:11

Hi, I will have some soon. I have two pullets that have just started laying and will soon pair them up with a cock. I should have eggs in about a month.
We are near Montpon Dept 24
cock a doodle doo wrote:I'm still looking for indian game eggs if anybody has any

cock a doodle doo

Post by cock a doodle doo » 07 Jan 2010, 00:49

brilliant would you be able to pm me when they are available please
thanks

Francophowl

Post by Francophowl » 07 Jan 2010, 09:13

I'll try to remember but I have a head like a sieve! You can email me at prhs@wanadoo.fr to remind me. I'll also have a lot of other breeds too this year if you're interested. I have Speckled Sussex eggs ready now also a few Croad Langshan.
Regards Peter.
cock a doodle doo wrote:brilliant would you be able to pm me when they are available please
thanks

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 07 Jan 2010, 10:49

Hi Peter lots of folks including me would love a list of your breeds and if eggs will be available please

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 26 Jan 2010, 15:30

anyone got LF eggs to offer for sale??............... post .details please

Francophowl

Post by Francophowl » 26 Jan 2010, 18:57

Hi Mojo
We have Speckled Sussex, Croad Langshans, Buff Colombian Brahmas, Limousins, Copper Blue Marans, Silver Laced Wyandottes and until today we had a trio of Gold Brahmas but the cock dropped dead this morning with a heart attack while serving one of his women!
We also have young stock that hopefully will be breeding this year and those include Jubilee, Gold Laced and Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons, Gold Laced Wyandottes, Cuckoo and Mottled Cochins, Indian Game and Jersey Giants. Hopefully we will have eggs from all of these this year although I think the Jersey Giants may not be fertile until much later as the cockerel looks very imature.
At the moment we have Croad Langshan, Buff Colombian Brahma and Copper Black Maran cockerels for sale also 2 couples of last years Croads. There are also a young couple of Buff Colombian Brahmas and 2 pairs of young Speckled Sussex.
Phew, I think that's it!
Do drop me a line if anyone is interested or if anyone has a replacement for our Gold Brahma cock
Peter
mojo wrote:Hi Peter lots of folks including me would love a list of your breeds and if eggs will be available please

lizshereen

Post by lizshereen » 26 Jan 2010, 19:15

Magpie wrote:Are your Limousin bantam or LF? Blue or Black?
what do limousin hens look like as I would like to buy some in the spring seeing as we live here it will be nice to have our locals!

Francophowl

Post by Francophowl » 26 Jan 2010, 19:34

Hi Liz
They are grey with a darker grey or greyish brown neck. There's quite a difference between the utility strains and the show type. The utility ones are a really good size and make terrific birds for the table dressing out at about 3Kgs and the hens are decent layers too.
Peter
lizshereen wrote:
Magpie wrote:Are your Limousin bantam or LF? Blue or Black?
what do limousin hens look like as I would like to buy some in the spring seeing as we live here it will be nice to have our locals!

lizshereen

Post by lizshereen » 26 Jan 2010, 19:53

Sounds lovely I want them for eggs and pets not for eating! Can you get them at the local markets? Les herolles in north Haute Vienne has a big poultry section I wonder if they will have them, I'll take alook in March when I go as I'm not getting any till the winters over as Ive lost 5 lovely girls to the cold and don't want to risk bringing new into the flock yet! thankyou

Francophowl

Post by Francophowl » 26 Jan 2010, 20:14

You can get the hens sometimes at the markets but the cocks are very hard to find. When buying the hens make sure you don't buy any with a gypsy face as they're crossed with one of the other French breeds and you end up with chicks of all colours from off white through grey to black! If you can find the hens with a red blush to the throat and breast even better. If you don't find a cock I have one here.
Peter
lizshereen wrote:Sounds lovely I want them for eggs and pets not for eating! Can you get them at the local markets? Les herolles in north Haute Vienne has a big poultry section I wonder if they will have them, I'll take alook in March when I go as I'm not getting any till the winters over as Ive lost 5 lovely girls to the cold and don't want to risk bringing new into the flock yet! thankyou