Marché de Volailles (Poultry for sale/wanted)

An area for those members in France to discuss things that are specific to France. Normal discussion should be in the main forum areas.

Moderator: Moderators

limochick

Post by limochick » 12 Nov 2008, 23:03

hi sylvia
some one is selling cream legbars on totalfrance.com in the classifieds under livestock and feed.

newby

Post by newby » 13 Nov 2008, 09:35

Have you checked www.Totalfrance.com, there a couple of cream Legbars on. In the classified..... for sale....animals.

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » 14 Nov 2008, 14:30

Saw the advert on TF and have been in touch but they only want to sell pairs at the moment, also thought €50 was a bit steep.
If I can't get any POL hens now I will get some hatching eggs in the Spring.

petal

Sussex cockeral FTGH

Post by petal » 16 Nov 2008, 19:28

Hi,we have a light/silver cross Sussex cockeral[french] 9 weeks old. If he turns out like his dad he will be a big lad, nice temprement. We live between Confolens and Bellac. He is free to a good home, if he will be free ranged like he's used to

mojo
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Post by mojo » 16 Nov 2008, 19:37

anyone near me need ....all pure race....... 3 Japanese Bantam coqs / 1 cuckoo LF maran coq or 2 blue LF Opington coqs.......all or any in exchange for a bottle of white wine.??.........but you must collect..............surplus to my planned breeding program and to good to cull..........but i will if no takers
Give a smile away every day to a stranger............and a hug to a friend

arthursmith

Re: Marché de Volailles (Poultry for sale/wanted)

Post by arthursmith » 07 Jan 2009, 11:22

bonjour

we're going to be looking for a couple of light sussex pullets / POL in a couple of months, and a RIR cock to go with them, if anyone can help.

thanks

arthur

Lisleoise

Post by Lisleoise » 07 Jan 2009, 12:44

I have a pure breed Light Sussex and 3 LS hens that I will be breeding from soon, so if you can hang on then you can have some of mine, all being well. As far as the RIR goes, there is a breeder in Trélissac which is at the east end of Périgueux just off the main road south from 87.

limochick

Post by limochick » 07 Jan 2009, 14:13

hi ,
we have light sussex hens about 12 -14 weeks old,from uk stock,
no rir cock tho, got some nice copper maran coqs,
near st junien.

james419

Post by james419 » 07 Jan 2009, 17:00

Have some IG's coming on and 3 appear to be cockerels - if they develope Ok I might be able to help you out in a couple of months - if that is of any use.

arthursmith

Post by arthursmith » 08 Jan 2009, 14:09

hi again

it's advertised on the classsified section of TF. there's no run attached to it, and it looks to me like someone making them in their spare time, selling them, and raising a bit of cash.

looking at it, apaart from appearing to be maybe a bit small, it looks very practical and easy to access / clean etc.

i'll try to get a look in the bricos and see if they've anything on sale that might suit.

arthur

Sylvia

Post by Sylvia » 08 Jan 2009, 16:27

I had forgotten about those, on the face of it they don't look to bad, in fact quite sturdy.

Size 100 X 90 X 125

What do other people think?

Lisleoise

Post by Lisleoise » 08 Jan 2009, 20:57

Not bad although I think they've scrimped on the Onduline. We made our coop ourselves and the roof overhangs quite a bit which provides protection for the coop and the food trough. It also needs raising up on legs otherwise it'll rot in no time. It does look well made though.

newby

Post by newby » 09 Jan 2009, 09:42

The gentleman who makes these lives quite close. We went to see them. They are well made and he's obviously given it a lot of thought ref. cleaning etc. They only thing I thought was they are a bit small for more than 4 hens, but if they're free range it would probably be OK.

tuzo2k

Post by tuzo2k » 09 Jan 2009, 12:08

It does look as if the house could be slightly larger to allow for inclement weather when the hens are loathe to venture out. Seems well made though. I make my own and always use a thick plywood - helps eliminate all the cracks and crannys where the red-mite hide. Would obviously be more expensive to make as good plywood is not cheap.

Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie » 10 Jan 2009, 11:00

A bit late I know but HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

I finally got my Brahams =D> 3 hens and a Cockerel they've settled in really well with all the others, no photos as yet but will take some!!!!!

Bilclarie