Hello from Suffolk

Say hi to any newcomers, or say hi to everyone and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

suffolkcabby

Hello from Suffolk

Post by suffolkcabby » 20 Feb 2018, 11:13

Hi, were newish keepers starting out in 2016 with 3 Pekin bantams from our local pub's garden where the flock free ranges. We sadly lost a girl last summer before our eyes one Sunday morning to Mr Fox. Then in mid summer unable to break either broody we tried 6 fertiles, 5 hatched :) 4 boys :( . Being town birds we dealt with the matter and purchased two little girls to join the elder 2 and our own hatched girl. Dont know why we didnt do this sooner. Hoping to be a regular on the board but I have joined with a question, which I will post later.

CP

Re: Hello from Suffolk

Post by CP » 20 Feb 2018, 12:11

Welcome to the forum suffolkcabby. :)

We're not as busy as we once were but there's still a few old stalwarts hanging around to try & answer your questions. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

suffolkcabby

Post by suffolkcabby » 20 Feb 2018, 15:43

lots of forums are quiet, its the facebook effect. but you cant beat being in a proper forum. I hope to play an active part, of course there will be prob be more ?'s than comments but i hope not to be a hit and run thank you sort of member.

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 21 Feb 2018, 00:32

Hello and welcome!!!

Any photos? We love a good chicken pic!!! :-)
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1

suffolkcabby

Post by suffolkcabby » 23 Feb 2018, 13:57

My previous method of uploading pics was photobucket. im sure we all know whats happened there. can anyone recommend a good, free hosting site.

kated
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by kated » 24 Feb 2018, 12:39

People say good things about Smilebox....don't upload my photos so can't say categorically, but friends like it.

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 26 Feb 2018, 11:21

If you have a Google Account then use their photo service... you can upload and share from there.

Dropbox?
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1