Ryeland tup wanted

If you keep other animals for productive purposes, whether for meat, wool or bi-products, here's the area to chat. I mean, you do realise chickens are the gateway drug to other animals, don't you?

Moderator: Moderators

legsilk

Ryeland tup wanted

Post by legsilk » 26 Apr 2011, 17:03

Anyone in West/Central Scotland got a Coloured Ryeland Tup ??

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Ryeland tup wanted

Post by Chris Kurzfeld » 27 Apr 2011, 09:03

Get in touch with the Ryeland society (you can google it) - there is a coloured Ryeland section that should be able to help. Just waiting for my coloured Ryeland ewe to lamb, I am hoping for a ewe lamb though :grin:
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!

legsilk

Post by legsilk » 27 Apr 2011, 09:47

Thankyou for the info ... hope your lamb is a girl x

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by Chris Kurzfeld » 28 Apr 2011, 08:43

Pity you don't live nearer - my friend in the village breeds both white and coloured Ryelands, I used her coloured Ram on my 3 pet ewes (1 coloured Ryeland and 2 white Ryeland Xs).
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!

legsilk

Post by legsilk » 28 Apr 2011, 08:50

Thanks Chris, the sheep were a recent birthday present for my 14yr old son, we're still finding our about them, hopefully the Royal Highland Show will have some local breeders attending. x