I never knew rabbits could be so sneaky and sly!!

If you keep other animals for productive purposes, whether for meat, wool or bi-products, here's the area to chat. I mean, you do realise chickens are the gateway drug to other animals, don't you?

Moderator: Moderators

rcleffler

I never knew rabbits could be so sneaky and sly!!

Post by rcleffler » 16 Feb 2011, 06:35

We recently acquired 4 baby bunnies. It is real close to the age where they like to start doing the horizontal mambo so I thought I should sex them and separate if need be. So sexing is all done and we got lucky and have 2 of each so noone is lonely. We separated them on each side of hutch and hubby put a little trap door that you can lift out if need be. Those little stinkers figured out how to push that door up and get under. Either that or the one stretched far enough to climb over the top where there is a hole. Guess he wanted to be with his girls!!!!

subruss

Re: I never knew rabbits could be so sneaky and sly!!

Post by subruss » 16 Feb 2011, 14:06

My old buck rabbit Houdini(died this winter at 8 years old) used to escape and go into the neibours gardens and have a bit with their girls. He had learnt how to open the doors on their hutches an easy thing to do if you think about it. I had to take all the young ones when they were old enough, that year I ended up with 14 of them.

shire horse girl
Hen
Hen

Re: I never knew rabbits could be so sneaky and sly!!

Post by shire horse girl » 16 Feb 2011, 20:42

:lol: