Adult female Pygmy Goat (Pet) For Sale

If you keep other animals for productive purposes, whether for meat, wool or bi-products, here's the area to chat. I mean, you do realise chickens are the gateway drug to other animals, don't you?

Moderator: Moderators

sebrights

Adult female Pygmy Goat (Pet) For Sale

Post by sebrights » 20 Nov 2010, 14:31

Hi
I have for sale an adult female pygmy goat for sale. She is not registered but can be breed from.

Thanks
Rich
Image[/quote]

New Web Site www.richmorpygmygoats.co.uk

Chris Kurzfeld
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Re: Adult female Pygmy Goat (Pet) For Sale

Post by Chris Kurzfeld » 24 Nov 2010, 09:44

Do goats need a shelter? I have 4 sheep, they do have a shelter but not a shut upable one. Always wanted goats, my sheep don't try to escape either, do goats?
Chris

love me, love my 4 dogs, 3 cats, over 100 chickens (but don't tell OH) and 7 sheep - oops, almost forgot the 2 tanks of fish!

I live in my own little world but it's ok - they know me here!

goatlady
Pullet
Pullet

Post by goatlady » 24 Nov 2010, 13:09

Goats absolutely need a shelter, because they loathe getting wet, and will let you know all about it if you do leave them out in the rain! I always bring mine in at night, even in summer, and they always have access to shelter.

In my experience, one goat on its own is invariably miserable - even if it has sheep for company.

So my advice is: get two!

goatlady
Pullet
Pullet

Post by goatlady » 24 Nov 2010, 13:10

ps Goats are the greatest escape artists ever. :grin:

jojosarah

Post by jojosarah » 24 Nov 2010, 13:45

But the best is my horse Moo, i often call her the mountain goat as she is so sure footed. She has escaped from numerous fields, negotiating her way through, round, under and over, fences, gates, barbed wire. She has shredded rugs until she looks like cinderella, but never cuts herself!!!! I used to ride her through a garden gate and up a small set of steps (4-6), so i didn't have to get off and open the yard gate. Hee hee